Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as a Tax Senior Associate in Abilene, TX might include the following:
- Prepare a high-level return for a multi-million dollar health care organization.
- Work with the tax team to ensure the various components of the tax process are performed -- including tax planning, client interaction and performing special tax projects.
- Gather relevant tax-related information from the client so an accurate tax return can be prepared.
- Look at tax situations from various angles to ensure the maximum tax benefit is applied.
- Prepare accounting-related reports through a paperless office environment.
- Attend professional development and training seminars on a regular basis.
Who You Are
- The word "tax" is not foreign to you, and you can easily explain details of your tax experience and/or can explain the difference between a 1040 and an 1120.
- You enjoy keeping up-to-date on the ever-changing tax industry's regulations and policies.
- You have a knack for solving problems and easily notice issues while bringing solutions to the table.
- You take pride in helping others, and you are ready to take on the challenge of leading a team of high-performing individuals.
- You have knowledge of and exposure to a variety of industries.
- In addition to all of this, you hold an active CPA license (or are actively pursuing one) and have 2-4 years of experience in public accounting tax work.
This position can be remote within the state of Texas. Some travel to the Abilene office might be required for meetings, training, etc.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.