Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as an Audit Manager in Abilene, TX might include the following:
- Manage expectations, ensure satisfaction and lead collaborative efforts to improve client business processes.
- Prepare or review accounting-related reports through a paperless environment and provide financial analysis upon completion of fieldwork in an effort to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Work with audit engagement team to ensure the various components of the audit engagement are performed -- including gathering information from the client, and reviewing and compiling client financial data.
- Conduct collaboration sessions and/or discussions with key leaders within the client company.
- Stay aware of general business trends or issues in order to professionally represent and apply this knowledge to the client's solutions, potentially developing new or additional business for the Firm.
- Develop, train and mentor Audit Interns, Seasonal Audit Associates, Audit Associates and Senior Audit Associates on projects and assess both personal and professional performance for engagement and career development opportunities.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
Who You Are
- You take pride in helping others, and you are ready to take on the challenge of leading a team of high-performing individuals.
- You have excellent communication skills as well as the ability to effectively interact with all levels of Firm management and staff, clients and other external business contacts.
- You are a team player and love collaborating with others over sitting in a cube working alone.
- You are a multi-tasking master, and there has never been a deadline you could not meet.
- You have knowledge of and exposure to a variety of industries (financial institutions industry experience preferred).
- You possess strong computer skills and have experience with accounting software.
- You hold yourself to the highest professional standards and maintain strict client confidentiality.
- You enjoy learning about various client business processes and traveling to different locations to help clients (20 percent travel is required).
- In addition to all of this, you have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, have an active CPA license and have 5+ years of experience in public accounting auditing work.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.